US Orienteering Team Trials for WOC 2008
Lehigh University & Hickory Run State Park, in Eastern Pennsylvania, hosted by DVOA
May 24-26, 2008.
Team Trials courses (Red & Blue), as part of
a full USOF A-event
hosted by DVOA - thanks!
The team to represent the US at
WOC 2008, to be held in the Czech Republic, July 10-20,
will be selected based on these Team Trials races,
and in lesser part based on the USOF rankings preceding the Trials.
See, the detailed rules if desired.
Note that the US Team page should not be used for info (at least as of 5/1/08) because it was last updated in 2005...
Was Wednesday, May 21st at 11:59pm. This was to allow the randon start draw to take place on the morning of May 22nd, after which time start times for the Trials and WRE will be posted, and not changable.
If you register for M/F21 after this time, you may still be eligible for the A-event (and USOF ranking points) but you will not be eligible for the Team Trials.
The United States Team for the 2008 World Orienteering Championships:
L to R, top: Joe Brautigam (alt), Ross Smith, Clem McGrath, Eddie Bergeron, Wyatt Riley, Eric Bone, Samantha Saeger, Hillary Saeger, Pavlina Brautigam, Viktoria Brautigam; bottom: Leif Anderson (alt), Angelica Riley (alt), Cristina Luis (alt); not pictured: Sandra Zurcher
Are the May 7th rankings from USOF rankings site (a scaled version of this is one of the 4 scores)
Random, each day, with Trialers segregated and starting earlier. Please note that if you miss your start time you will have the option of (a) starting as soon as you arrive at the start, with your official time starting at your originally scheduled start time (e.g. if you're 30 seconds late, you might want to do this), or (b) you may ask for a later start for A-meet purposes ONLY - your result will not be eligible for Team Trials or WRE if you reschedule your start time.
Scoring List Potential Exceptions:
The review panel that will consider exceptions will consist of:
- Tom Hollowell Jr., Kristin Federer, Kris Beecroft, Peggy Dickison, and Ken Walker Sr. (alternates: Linda Kohn, Peter Gagarin)
The following people are eligible as a potential exception to the Team Trials scoring list due to
(See the Rules for details.)
- (A) outstanding performance in the Rankings and the previous US Champs, or
- (B) out of the country status.
(B) Additional known possible exception requestors who are believed to be eligible to use the out-of-the-country rule:
- Women: Erin Nielsen, Samantha Saeger, Pavlina Brautigam, Hillary Saeger, Yekaterina Dvinyaninova (if US WOC eligible)
- Men: Eric Bone, Wyatt Riley, Mikell Platt
If you would like to petition for an exception, please send your petition to Peter Gagarin, ESC Chair. ESC Member List
- Women: Sandra Zurcher (expected - not registered for Trials, hoping to run WOC), Alison Crocker (email of non-intent received on 5/1/08)
- Men: Boris Granovskiy (attackpoint.org decline as of 5/14/08), Matt Scott (requested an Exception in 2007, no news about 2008)
Please send requests for an exception to Peter Gagarin at: pg@crocker. com
Information used to generate the list of exceptions above.
- Top 5 US-WOC-eligible in Pre-Team-Trials Rankings:
- Women: Samantha Saeger, Erin Nielsen, Pavlina Brautigam, Hillary Saeger, Yekaterina Dvinyaninova (if US WOC eligible) or Angelica Riley (if Yekaterina is not)
- Men: Eric Bone, Eddie Bergeron, Mikell Platt, Wyatt Riley, Mark Everett
- Top 5 US-WOC-eligible in
2007 US Champs:
- Women: Erin Nielsen, Pavlina Brautigam, Samantha Saeger, Hillary Saeger, Yekaterina Dvinyanin (if US WOC eliigble?) or Corrine Porter (if Yekaterina is ineligible)
- Men: Boris Granovskiy, Wyatt Riley, Eric Bone, Mikell Platt, Ken Walker Jr
- page by Wyatt Riley - finalized Scoring List, warned about missing start time, 5/22/2008 - added Scoring List w/pre-Trials rankings, 5/15/2008 - updated who is eligible, added cutoff time, 5/14/2008 - added preliminary Exceptions list and start info, 5/5/2008 - added link to event page, 5/4/2008 - revised to DVOA host, 10/21/07 - initial info 11/24/2006 -