US Orienteering Team Trials for WOC 2007
In Michigan, near Detroit, hosted by SMOC.
May 4-6, 2007 (Friday-Sunday), starts from approx. 3pm Fri, 10a Sat, 9a Sun.
Team Trials courses (Red & Blue), as part of a
full USOF A-event
for details) hosted by
SMOC - thanks!
The team to represent the US at
WOC 2007, to be held in Ukraine,
will be selected based on these Team Trials races,
and in part on the USOF rankings preceding the Trials.
See, the detailed rules if desired.
Note that the US Team page should not be used for info (at least as of 4/30/07) because it was last updated in 2005...
- Women's Team: Samantha Saeger, Pavlina Brautigam, Viktoria Brautigam, Sandra Zurcher, and Hillary Saeger
- Men's Team: Boris Granovskiy, Eddie Bergeron, John Fredrickson, Eric Bone, Clem McGrath
WOC Team Photo (coming soon)
Note also that the Scoring List (see below) is used in order to select additional alternates, if needed, to fill open slots at WOC.
- Women's 1st Suzanne Armstrong, 2nd Kris Beecroft
- Men's: 1st Wyatt Riley, 2nd Ross Smith
2007 Team Trials Scoring List
(Older: After Day 1)
Are available at the USOF rankings site
(a scaled version of this is one of the 4 scores)
Starts at registration page (subject to minor revision after pre-TT-rankings are available (exp. ~5/1))
Trials Starts are planned to begin at about 3pm on Friday, 10am on Saturday, and 9am Sunday.
Scoring List Potential Exceptions:
The review panel that will consider exceptions will consist of:
- Kris Beecroft, Peggy Dickison, Sandy Fillebrown, Bob Turbyfill, and Peter Gagarin
The following people are eligible as a potential exception to the Team Trials scoring list due to
(See the Rules for details.)
- (A) outstanding performance in the Rankings and the previous US Champs, or
- (B) out of the country status.
(B) Additional known potentials exception requestors who may use the out-of-the-country rule:
- Women: Pavlina Brautigam, Samantha Saeger, Hillary Saeger
- Men: Mikell Platt, Eric Bone, Boris Granovskiy (exception requested, 4/29/07)
If you would like to petition for an exception, please send your petition to Peter Gagarin, ESC Chair. ESC Member List
- Women: Sandra Zurcher, Suzanne Armstrong
- Men: Matt Scott
Please send requests for an exception to Peter Gagarin at: pg@crocker. com
Information used to generate the list of exceptions above.
- Top 5 US-WOC-eligible in Pre-Team-Trials Rankings:
- Women: Samantha Saeger, Hillary Saeger, Pavlina Brautigam, Erin Nielsen, Kseyniya Popova (US? - Viktoria Brautigam otherwise...)
- Men: Mikell Platt, Mark Everett, John Fredrickson, Boris Granovskiy, Eric Bone
- Top 5 US-WOC-eligible in
2006 US Champs:
- Women: Pavlina Brautigam, Samantha Saeger, Hillary Saeger, Ekaterina Orekhova, Cristina Luis
- Men: Mikell Platt, Eric Bone, Boris Granovskiy, Maricel Olaru, James Scarborough
Many thanks to SMOC for hosting the Team Trials in 2007!
- page by Wyatt Riley - Final Scoring List posted 5/9/2007 - 2007 WOC Team Names added 5/7/07 - Day 1 scoring list: added late starters 5/5/07 - Day 1 scoring list posted 5/4/07 - exception & rankings updates 4/30/07 - start time & Exception updates, 4/29/07 - quick update of link to Event page & some who's petition-eligible info, 4/7/2007 - amended WRE info, 11/29/2006 - initial draft 11/27/2006 -