US Orienteering Team Trials for WOC 2006
In Missouri, at the SLOC-Hosted Team Trials A-meet.
May 19-21, 2006 (Friday-Sunday), starting 2pm, 10am, and 9am respectively.
The Team Trials races will be the Red & Blue courses from the
SLOC-Hosted Team Trials A-meet.
The team to represent the US at
will be selected based on these Team Trials races, and in part on the USOF rankings preceding the Trials. For detailed rules, click here.
Also, see the US Team page.
Team Members going to their first World Champs are underlined
- Women's Team:
Pavlina Brautigam, Samantha Saeger, Sandra Zurcher, Suzanne Armstrong, and Hillary Saeger.
- Men's Team:
Boris Granovskiy, Eddie Bergeron, Eric Bone, James Scarborough, Clem McGrath (Mikell Platt was invited to run for the US at WOC 2006, but declined.)
Front row (from left): Pavlina Brautigam, Samantha Saeger, Sandra Zurcher, Eddie Bergeron, Suzanne Armstrong, Hillary Saeger, Viktoria Brautigam, Kris Beecroft, Joe Brautigam. Back row (from left): Mikell Platt, Boris Granovskiy, Eric Bone, James Scarborough, Clem McGrath, John Fredrickson, Greg Balter, Tom Hollowell Jr. (Team leader).
Note also that the Scoring List (see below) is used in order to select additional alternates, if needed, to fill open slots at WOC 2006.
- Women's 1st & 2nd: Viktoria Brautigam and Kris Beecroft
- Men's 1st, 2nd & 3rd: John Fredrickson, Gregory Balter, and Joe Brautigam
Scoring list Posted 10/2/06 - minor revisions to lower ranked men changed for more accurate historical record...
(a scaled version of this is one of the 4 scores)
Link available as of 5/17/06
Starts are planned to begin at 2 PM on Friday, 10 AM on Saturday, and 9 AM on Sunday.
Scoring List Potential Exceptions:
The review panel that will consider exceptions will consist of:
The following people are eligible as a potential exception to the Team Trials scoring list due to outstanding performance in the Rankings and the previous US Champs. (See the Rules for details.) (List believed to be final as of 5/17.)
- Tom Hollowell Jr., Sandy Fillebrown, Vlad Gusiatnikov, Peter Gagarin, and Don Davis
If you would like to petition for an exception, please send your petition to Peter Gagarin, ESC Chair. ESC Member List
- Women: Pavlina Brautigam; Karen Williams & Sandra Zurcher (due to out-of-the-country status)
- Men: Sergei Zhyk, Eric Bone, Leif Anderson; Boris Granovsky & Matt Scott* (due to out-of-the-country status)
- *petition submitted 5/17
Information used to generate the list of exceptions above.
- Top 5 US-WOC-eligible in Pre-Team-Trials Rankings:
- Women: Pavlina Brautigam, Samantha Saeger, Kristin Hall, Erin Olafsen, Angelica Riley
- Men: Leif Anderson, Sergey Velichko, Eric Bone, Eddie Bergeron, Sergei Zhyk
- Top 5 US-WOC-eligible in
2005 US Champs:
- Women: Pavlina Brautigam, Viktoria Brautigam, Anneliese Steuben, Cristina Luis, Maiya Anderson
- Men: Sergei Zhyk, Mikell Platt, Eric Bone, Leif Anderson, Dan Stoll-Hadayia
Many thanks to SLOC for hosting the Team Trials in 2006!
- page by Wyatt Riley - edit 5/22 (and 5/20) (results!) - edit 5/17/2006 (multiple) - edit 4/27/2006 (linked to pre-TT rankings) - edit 3/13/2006 - initial draft 2/11/2006 -